Instructions for Logging In - Students Entering in Spring 2013
Please read all directions before attempting to log into the system!
Before starting, you MUST have your EIU email and EIU E number (E number is located on your Panther ID) to begin taking the course.
ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR COMPUTER WILL ACCEPT COOKIES FROM ALCOHOLEDU
INTERNET EXPLORER USERS - CHECK YOUR COOKIE PERMISSIONS/SETTINGS
1. Click the Tools button in IE, and then click Internet Options.
2. Click the Privacy tab, and then move the slider to a position between the top and bottom so you are not blocking or allowing all cookies.
3. Click Sites.
4. In the Address of website box, type alcoholedu.com, and then click Allow.
5. Move the slider back to the position it was originally in, and then click OK.
FIREFOX BROWSER USERS - CHECK YOUR COOKIE PERMISSIONS/SETTINGS1. In the Options panel Select Privacy.
2. Under privacy, make sure the following boxes are checked
- Remember my browsing and download history
- Remember my search and form history
- Accept cookies from cites
- Accept 3rd Party Cookies
- Keep until they expire
DIRECTIONS FOR LOGGING IN
1. Go to http://www.eiu.edu/alcoholedu/tech_support.php and read what you can do to minimize problems that may occur during your alcoholedu experience.
3. Under "New User" (located on the right side of the screen) enter the following code:
4. Click "Submit"
5. During your initial registration, participants will be asked for their e-mail address (USE EIU E-MAIL ADDRESS), and their Student ID/ E-number. Please DO NOT use any other e-mail except for your EIU E-mail. Please DO NOT use any other number except for your E-number.
6. Once entered, please add the following information: first name, middle initial, last name, date of birth, year of study, etc. Please see photo below.
7. Please designate the group with which you belong: Spring (SP) - Incoming Freshman/First Year Student or Spring (SP) - Transfer Student
Instructions for Logging In
1. You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. DO NOT log out until you click "next" button or your answers will not be saved.
2. When you return, log in as a "Returning User" and enter the SAME email address and password you created when you first logged into the course. This is very important!! Using different email addresses or forgetting created log in information is the main reason people have technical difficulties.