New Student Programs is seeking approximately 50 well-rounded student leaders to participate in the development and implementation of EIU’s Prowl Programs (Orientation) as Prowl Leaders (PL’s). Prowl Leaders will play a key role in the transition of over 3,000 new students and their families by guiding and leading new students through their first weeks at EIU. Prowl Leaders will have the opportunity to build relationships, interact with University staff and faculty, and lead a team of peers. Individuals selected will serve as mentors and role models and be responsible for making new students’ experience during Opening Weekend and Prowl fun, eventful, and informative.
APPLICATION & INTERVIEW PROCESS
New Applicants, click here to apply (application due Feb. 27th)
Returning Applicants, click here to apply (application due Feb. 15th)
- The individual process will take approximately 20 minutes.
- The process will consist of the selection committee asking a series of questions to each candidate.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.3
- Be in good judicial standing with the university
- Ability to be outside and on your feet for long periods of time
- Have a positive attitude
- Be flexible, motivated, and open minded
- Be passionate about EIU
- Spring Training
- Prowl Leader Training Session 1 (Saturday, March 23, 12:30pm-5pm)
- Prowl Leader Training Session 2 (the week of March 25)
- Prowl Leader Training Session 3 (the week of April 1)
- Prowl Leader Training Session 4 (the week of April 8)
- Prowl Training and Preparation (Sunday, Aug. 11 - Wednesday, Aug. 14)
- Facilitate Opening Weekend (Thursday, Aug. 15- Sunday, Aug. 18)
- Facilitate Prowl Events, including Prowl Booths (Aug. 19- Sep. 29)
- Attend events as assigned
Staff members will receive several types of remuneration:
- Honorarium for commitments with Prowl Week and Fall Opening ($100 to be paid in mid September)
- Move-in to residence halls,Greek Court,University Court, or University Apartments on Sunday August 11, 2013
- Meals from August 11-18, 2013 (when Dining Service’s is open)
- Staff Apparel
- Opportunityto develop leadership skills, build effective teams, and make new friends
- Be a part of an EIU tradition!
If you have any questions, please contact the New Student Programs office at 581-6435 or firstname.lastname@example.org.