We are no longer accepting applications for the 2013-2014 academic year.
New Student Programs is committed to providing services for new students and their families. Eastern views orientations as an ongoing and multi-faceted transition process, which involves academic, intellectual, civic and personal development. NSP strives to provide supportive programs and leadership opportunities for all students.
Graduate Assistant Position: Program Coordinator
Description: Coordinate the orientation, transition and retention programming for over 3,000 new students and their families annually.
Responsiblities may include:
- the development and implementation of staff recruitment, selection, and training for over 75 students annually
- facilitating prospective student events and programs
- development and facilitation of orientation, transitional, and retention programs
- facilitating leadership programs
- teaching classes
- marketing and publication development
- supervising staff
Experience in orientation, first year experience, and admissions preferred. Strong experience in student leadership positions (orientation leader/coordinator, peer mentor, student activities, residence life, Greek Life, etc.) preferred. Position is a twelve month contract (preferred 2 year commitment).
$950.00 per month and tuition waiver (excluding fees) from September to April; $1,200 per month, meals (when dining is open) and tuition waiver (excluding fees) from May to August.
Individuals interested in applying for a graduate assistantship need to complete the following steps:
- Apply to New Student Programs: Application materials can be submitted online. You will upload a cover letter stating why you are interested in the position as well as your relevant experience, a resume', and the names and contact information for three references. Click here to apply now!
- Apply to the Graduate School: (http://www.eiu.edu/~graduate/home/index.php)
- Apply to the Graduate Program of Choice: (http://www.eiu.edu/~graduate/home/index.php)
- Apply for a Graduate Assistantship Online with the Graduate School (http://www.eiu.edu/~graduate/assistantships/assistantships.php )
- Please be sure to select the New Student Programs/Orientation Office during the process.
- Applications will be reviewed
- Interviews will be scheduled
- Candidates will be notified of their application standing