Early Bird Contracting for Residence Halls & Greek Court
SIGN UP IS BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 4, 2012, and DECEMBER 14, 2012
- Students signing Early Bird contracts are given room assignment priority.
- $100 in Dining Dollars will be given to every student who completes the Early Bird Contracting. The Dining Dollars will be added to the student's Panther Card upon move in for the Fall Semester, 2013.
- All students participating are also entered into a drawing to win:
First Prize - Free room and board for the year.
Second Prize – Free room for the year for one male and one female student. Second prize winners will be responsible for the meal portion of the contracts.
Third Prize – Double As A Single Room upgrade for the year for one male and one female student. Third prize winners will be responsible for the cost of their room and board contracts; however, the Double As Single charge will be waived.
- Complete the room and board contracts and pay the $250 Housing Down Payment between September 4
and December 14, 2012
- Contract Cancellation Deadline is December 14, 2012, if returning as a student for Fall 2013
- Drawing Date – To be announced
- $100 Dining Dollars added to Panther Card upon Fall 2013 move in
Many great incentives are available for students who commit early to living in the residence halls or Greek Court. The decision to cancel the Early Bird Contract must be made by December 14, 2012. After December 14, 2012, students are obligated to their Early Bird Contract for the 2013/2014 academic year, addressed in section c below. However, if students will no longer be enrolled at the university, the terms of cancellation are the same as the regular room and board contract, see sections a and b below.
a. If the student cancels this contract and withdraws from University Housing and Dining Services and the University on or before June 12, 2013 for the Fall semester the student shall be entitled a refund of the housing down payment.
b. If the student cancels this contract and withdraws from University Housing and Dining Services and the University after June 12 2013, for the Fall semester or December 12, 2013 for the Spring Semester and has made the housing down payment, the housing down payment of $250.00 shall be forfeited. The $250.00 housing down payment is not required for students continuing from the fall into the spring semester; however, if the student cancels after December 12, 2013 the $250.00 cancellation charge will be billed to your university account.
c. If the student cancels this Early Bird Contract after December 14, 2012 has made the housing down payment and is enrolled at the University during the term of this contract, the student shall be required to pay the entire room and board charges for the Fall and Spring Semesters.
A sample copy of the Early Bird contract and terms of participation can be found here.