The Office of Conference Services is seeking a minimum of 24 student leaders to assist in all operations of the Conference Services Program. The Conference Assistant, or CA, is a representative of Eastern Illinois University. A CA is responsible for accommodating the needs of approximately 60 conference groups and 12,000 guests during the conference season (May 6 – August 17) at Eastern Illinois University.
Each CA will be the first and primary contact for each camp or conference guest. The CA assists with the day-to-day operations of a conference hall, conducts administrative duties, ensures the safety and security of all guests, and assists with all other areas of the Summer Conference Services Program. The CA represents themselves, the Conference Services program, and Eastern Illinois University as a provider of quality customer service.
WHAT CAN THE CONFERENCE ASSISTANT POSITION DO FOR YOU?
- Develop or improve your customer service skills, which can be easily applied to any profession
- Develop or improve your administrative and time management skills
- Develop or improve your ability to relate to others
- Provide instruction on how to handle emergency or crisis situations
- Assist you in becoming more involved in the Eastern Illinois University Community
- Allows you to take classes that will help you stick to your graduation plan
- Create life-long friendships with fellow staff members
- Room (single room when available) and Board (when dining services are in operation) during the summer, along with additional hourly wages
Candidates must demonstrate academic proficiency, must be in good judicial standing and have a minimum of a 2.25 GPA at the time of application and start of employment, strong communication and customer service skills, a positive attitude toward Eastern Illinois University, and should possess a wide range of knowledge and/or involvement in campus organizations.
All CAs are required to attend an extensive training program from May 6-13. The dates of employment will be from May 6 – May 31, 2013; May 6 – June 23, 2013; or May 6 – August 17, 2013.
You do not have to enroll in classes to work as a CA. However, CAs working through June or August can enroll for summer classes during the 6 week or the 8 week summer sessions. CAs may take no more than 2 classes. Please remember that CAs working through June or August may not take any classes during the 4 week session, as this time will be spent in training and track meet preparation. CAs working during May only, can take 1 class during the 4 week session.
CAs will receive minimum wage in addition to Room and Board (when dining services are in operation). CAs must work a minimum of 40 hours per pay period to receive the room and board package. A CA working all summer can expect to earn $2500 or more in cash. The total package could be worth over $4000 during a three and a half month term of employment.
Eastern Illinois University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer committed to achieving a diverse community.Please direct any questions to Matt Boyer at 581-7482 or firstname.lastname@example.org