DISCOVER will measure your career interests, values, abilities and experiences and suggest certain career directions for you to investigate.
A user ID is required in order to access DISCOVER. Please contact Career Services for a user ID.
- Call 217-581-2412
- e-mail: Jan Stevens, firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have your user ID:
- Go to http://www.act.org/discover/login
- If this is your first use of DISCOVER, enter your user ID, leave the Password box blank, and click Submit. You will be asked to select a password.
- If you have used DISCOVER before, enter your user ID and password, and click Submit.
- You can use DISCOVER any time from any Internet connection with this user ID and password.
First-time Users: You may want to start with the brief Tour and World of Work Map.
If you want to...
Learn more about yourself
- Take all of the inventories (interests, abilities & values)
Find occupations that fit you
- Take all of the inventories (interests, abilities & values
- Select occupations that match suggested career areas
- Find occupations you like and read about them
Learn what occupations fit best with your major
- Select occupations by major, or
- Select occupations by characteristics or by
- How you scored on your inventories
Conduct occupational research
- Learn about Work Tasks, Related Occupations, Training, Salary Outlook, Likes/Dislikes, Where to Find More Information
Explore further education
- Select graduate and professional programs based on your career goals
- Choose by type of degree, cost, location, etc.
DISCOVER has something to offer you at all stages of your academic career. Be sure to check it out!