To Register For Classes
Eastern students register by a system called PAWS (Panther Access Web Services). To access PAWS, students need their EIU Net ID and password.
If your login to PAWS is unsuccessful, please contact the School of Continuing Education Technical Assistance (Cheryl) at 217-581-7227, she will help you through the process.
To Register For Classes
- From the Eastern Illinois University home page (www.eiu.edu), click on the “PAWS” link near the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Click on Login to PAWS
- Enter your EIU Net ID and EIU Network Password.
(If you do not know your EIU Network ID and EIU Network Password, you need to contact the Continuing Education technology assistant at 217-581-7227.)
- Click on the “Student” link
- Click on “Registration” which will take you to the Registration menu.
- To begin registering for classes, choose the “Look up Classes” option.
- Select the appropriate term for which you would like to register from the drop-down menu and click the “Submit” button.
- Click on Advanced Search.
- At this screen you may make your search as broad or as narrow as you wish. Make your selections and click on the “Section Search” button at the bottom of your screen. This will bring up all courses (both open and closed) that meet the criteria of your search. You must choose a subject before you can begin a search.
Note: To help you further, we suggest that you highlight all the subjects then, under Attribute Type, you can choose the specific location that you prefer to take our courses. If you want to take online courses only, again highlight "all the subjects," then choose “Internet” for the Schedule Type.
- As you review the listing of classes, be sure to click on the CRN (course reference number) and then “view catalog entry” for catalog descriptions. If there is a prerequisite for the class, it will be included in the catalog entry.
- Courses that are open will have a box under the “select” column on the left side of your screen. To register for the course, click in the box and a checkmark will appear. Once you have checked all of your selections, you will click on the “Register” button at the bottom of your screen. This will add the course(s) to your schedule. To verify your schedule, click “Return to Menu” and then click on “Student Detail Schedule”.
Note: If a "C" is next to a course, this means the course is closed.
WaitList Note: If there is not a waitlist option for a particular course available in PAWS, the academic department has not given the student the option to waitlist the course. Please contact the academic department for questions reqarding waitlisting courses.