Resources for teachers
1. Empowering Online Learning, by Curtis J. Bonk and Ke Zhang
2. Assessing the Online Learner, by Rena M. Palloff and Keith Pratt
3. Distance Learning in Higher Education, by Alfred P. Rovai, Michael K.
Ponton, and Jason D. Baker
Teaching Techniques for the Non-traditional Student - by Thomas Hawkins
Adult Learners - by Barbara Powell
11 Practice Priorities to Promote Empathy in Online Courses, Online Classroom, February 2008
Using surveys to Improve Courses, programs, and Instruction, Part 3, Online Classroom, August 2008
What to Never, Ever Do in Online Teaching, Online Classroom, August 2008
Student Referral Network, September 2008
- 1. Decide on a type of course delivery.
- 2. Establish a course.
- 3. Submit the completed documents to the SCE.
- 4. Contact Textbook Rental to order textbooks.
- 5. Monitor enrollment in your course.
- 6. Make travel arrangements.
- 7. First day of class instructions.
- 8. Cancellation of class.
- 9. Submit the grades for your course.
- 10. Questions.
- 11. Give us feedback.
- 12. EIU copyright policies.
- 13. Library Services.